Kingston, Kingston

We are at the RIU in MONTEGO BAY, JAMAICA.There was a problem with the rooms not matching the descriptions we booked and I was treated poorly by the hotel management and staff.

I tried to talk to the Apple Vacations representative Galleon at the resort and he clearly showed me that he had "NO WORRIES" when it came to helping me solve my problem. This trip has turned into a nightmare and the staff is showing hostility towards our group since the disagreement. DONT COME HERE! TRUST ME, THE LOCAL ARE SO AGGRESSIVE AND THE WORKERS WILL TURN ON YOU IN A HEARTBEAT.

My sisters phone was stolen and the person tried ransom for it. My name is Jake Gundrum and I am a Iraq war vet, college graduate, hard working man, family man, and you need to take my advice. Apple Vacations only wants your money and once you pay, you are left to the ignorant hotel staff to deal with. TRUST ME, YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE NOT SAFE HERE AND DON'T THINK FOR A MINUTE THAT APPLE VACATIONS CARE ABOUT YOU BECAUSE THEY DON'T, I AM WRITING THIS FROM HOTEL RIU IN MONTEGO BAY IN THE LOBBY.

I AM HERE UNTIL 3/25/2012 AND I AM AFRAID FOR THE SAFETY OF MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY WHILE WE ARE HERE.PLEASE, TRUST ME, THINK ABOUT THE SAFETY OF YOUR FAMILY!!!!!!!!

Had an Experience with Riu?

Comments

CSmith47
New York City, New York, United States #597038

Sounds awful- can you tell me a little more about your experience?

I stayed A RIU Mo bay, At no time did I feel unsafe, I did use room safe! I don't feel anything came up missing during my stay.

The drug dealers on beach where a little pushy, but so where the scuba carbi ppl. stayed 4-15/4-22-12 for a destination wedding. DO NOT GO HERE FOR A DESTINATION WEDDING GO TO SANDALS!!!!

Check in, original room was not vacant took them 3 hrs of me waiting in the lobby to find out.

Gifts, We won a bottle of appleton rum never delivered to room even after 3 times of seeking this.

Wedding planner! she told us we will be getting a gift in the spa, a discount, breakfast in bed, the list goes on. we got nothing of what was promised.

Scubacrabi, We did book a sunset cruise for our last night there it was great. when we asked the ladies about paddle boats, she rolled her eyes at me and made a comment about not spending money.

Sit down dinners, we checked in looked over at the line and it was long, so next day 8am I got to see the lady and all was booked for the entire week.

Manager (Carlton), I spoke to him about these problems, He wanted me to come back next day @ 9 am to have a meeting with the staff involved. I am paying to be on a vacation not paying to sit in meetings. I told him I will not be there, he did send a bottle of champain to room (cheap) and a sit down reservation for 2 for one night. not bad I did have 5 in my party tho.

I will say the entertainmant staff...

The beach was not good, the beach area was clean for the most part, the water about 6 ft from shore line and 3 ft deep turned to sea ***, and I don't like swimming in slime.